Indonesian Food In America
Indonesian Food In America – There are plenty of food trucks in the United States. They sell a wide variety of dishes from different countries, including Indonesia. If you want to look for Indonesian foods in the country, just find a food truck that sell these dishes. Some local dishes are really loved by the citizens. Some of you may have been familiar with the foods we’re about to share. First of all, there is chicken curry. This one is not only popular in Indonesia, but also across the globe. It is not hard to find chicken curry in Asian countries. It uses chicken thighs, legs, and wings, flavored with tasty spices like garlic, lemon grass, ginger, etc. It also uses coconut milk which makes it taste a lot better. Here’s the first Indonesian food in America.
- 500 gr chicken
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbs oil
Ingredients to grind:
- 3 onions
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
Curry powder ingredients:
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp rice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- First of all, you have to make a fine powder out of the curry powder ingredients. You can use a mixer to make it easier.
- And then, combine garlic, ginger, and onions. Turn them into a paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once it is hot enough, add the onion paste and saute for a few minutes until it smells good.
- Add the curry powder, keep stirring for 5 more minutes. At this point, the spices will become so fragrant.
- You can add the chicken, coconut milk, and potato slices.
- Bring it to a boil and then simmer it down. Cook until the chicken and potato slices become tender.
- You can serve it with prawn crackers.
When it comes to Indonesian food in America, chicken skewers also are pretty popular. They are known as ‘sate ayam’ by the locals. Here is a recipe if you want to make this tasty dish.
- 500 gr chicken thigh, cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp sweet soy
- 2 tsp oil
- bamboo skewers
- 300 gr peanut, toasted / roasted
- 4 candlenuts
- 8 red cayenne chilies
- 4 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 500 ml water
- You can make the peanut sauce first. Just combine all the sauce ingredients with a mixer. You can also grind them manually to create a rougher texture.
- Bring the sauce to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and keep stirring until the sauce thickens. It takes a few minutes before it achieves the desired texture.
- Use half of the sauce to marinate the chicken cubes. You also have to mix them with sweet soy sauce and oil.
Thread them onto the bamboo skewers. There are other alternatives, but bamboo skewers are cheaper and look more traditional. Grill them until they change color. Rub more sauce all over the chicken and grill it back. Do this until the chicken is well-cooked.
- Serve chicken skewers with the sauce. That’s the Indonesian food in America